Okay, if you haven’t figured it out by now we LOVE mug cakes! And chocolate is a staple in our household. So when we finally found the perfect Chocolate Chip Brownie mug cake recipe, I couldn’t resist! We have made this about a million times this month and it hasn’t gotten old yet. It is quick, easy, and absolutely delicious! And the best part? It is healthy! When you are craving something sweet this is the perfect option!
1 TBS almond flour
1 TBS coconut flour
1 TBS cocoa powder
1 TBS granulated sweetener (we like Anthony’s)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 large egg white
1/4 cup whole milk
3 TBS mini chocolate chips
1 TBS unsweetened applesauce
1 TBS smooth almond butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl: almond flour, coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and sweetener. Stir with a fork.
- Mix all the wet ingredients in a bowl: vanilla extract, egg white, whole milk, applesauce, and almond butter. Stir until all ingredients are blended together.
- Pour dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients.
- Grease a ceramic mug with butter or coconut oil.
- Pour ingredients into mug.
- Drop in chocolate chips.
- Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Also can be cooked in microwave on high for 1 – 2 minutes.