While working at Starbucks in college I became a huge fan of the Eggnog latte. But as we soon learned with all drinks, they taste better boozy! So of course one fateful Thanksgiving day after work, I made myself a spiked eggnog latte! And I have been addicted ever since.
This recipe is so quick and easy and can be done in about 10 minutes! It is prefect after a long day at work when it is cold outside. Just curl up with a blanket and some spiked eggnog and relax. I hope that you all enjoy as much as I do! And share your favorite fall boozy recipe because I am always looking for new drinks!
(Makes 16 oz latte)
2 tsp finely ground espresso roast coffee
6 oz eggnog
4 oz milk of choice
1 shot spiced rum
- First you need to make your espresso. I like to use a pour over or my Keurig. If you don’t have either of those, don’t worry! Heat up 3 oz of water, stir in your espresso, and then filter out the beans either through a coffee filter or strainer! Just make sure your grind matches your choice of filter.
- Mix milk and eggnog in pot and heat till begins to boil.
- Pour eggnog mixture and rum into a mason jar and put a lid on it. Shake until frothy!
- Pour your espresso into a mug, then using a spoon to hold back the foam pour the spiked eggnog mixture into the mug over the espresso until a half inch remains at the top then let the foam fill the cup the rest of the way!
- If you want some extra spice sprinkle some nutmeg on top and enjoy!