I don’t care if it is Cinco De Mayo, Dia de los Muertos, or the Taco Tuesday, you don’t really need an excuse to eat some delicious pork street tacos! Street tacos just happen to be my favorite go-to meal for any occasion and any day of the week! And really I could eat them every day if we are being honest. But for the occasion I’d say these pork tacos are the perfect choice for your Cinco de Mayo party! And they pair perfectly with these yummy Mango Margaritas!
Pork Street Tacos
2 lbs pork
24 white corn tortillas
Olive oil (as needed)
12 oz mozzarella cheese
2 medium tomatoes
1 medium onion
1 bunch of cilantro (remove stems)
1 1/2 tbs cumin
1 tbs granulated garlic
1 tbs oregano
1 tbs turmeric
1 tbs onion powder
1 1/2 tbs salt
1 tbs pepper
1 tsp chili powder
- Mix cumin, garlic, oregano, turmeric, onion powder, salt, pepper, chili powder, and paprika in a bowl
- Take pork and layer the bottom of a crockpot
- Cover the pork fully with the seasoning mixture and then spread another layer of pork on top of your first layer. Then season that layer as well
- Cook on high in crockpot for 4 hours
- Finely chop onion, tomato, and cilantro for pico de gallo. Mix in bowl and put in fridge to chill
- Once pork is fully cooked, shred
- In a skillet put a layer of olive oil with 3 – 4 corn tortillas (however many will fit in your pan. Cook and flip until brown.
- Once brown ad .5 oz to each tortilla and continue cooking until dark brown and cheese is melted. Remove to plate. Continue until all tortillas are cooked with cheese
- Top tortillas with pork and pico de gallo and Enjoy!
You can also use this same recipe with chicken or beef and it will be just as delicious!